I stole this off our fridge. Karen found it in the newspaper a while ago and glued it to the fridge.
In the battle of life, it is not the critic who counts; nor the one who points out how the strong person stumbled, or where the doer of a deed could have done better.
The credit belongs to the person who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who does actually strive to do deeds; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotion, spends oneself in a worthy cause; who at best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at worst, if he or she fails, at least fails while daring greatly.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.
- Theodore Roosevelt
** She informed me that its not glued. Just 2 sided tape. I say close enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love it. Very profound. In my younger, scratch that. Single days, I carried around a card that read, "Dare Mighty Things." Thanks for reminding me!
A favorite quote of mine is, "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt.
I don't have it affixed with glue, or double-sided tape. ;) But I do have it on a magnet.
Atta girl Georgie-o! Go wild with the glue/tape. Hoogster, you ever see my "Cloths of Heaven" quote? That's good stuff too. Or my quote that mysteriously showed up by the bed at the farm when we were there this summer - the one about love setting the house afire. That's on my fridge for the whole world to see. :)
Hey, idea for you. Put music on here. Some good tunes would be fun, and you undoubtedly have bazillions to choose from. I'm thinkin' a little Stevie E. to go with your earlier post, umm some.....purple people eater or something. K bye.
Post a Comment